I found this recipe on Pinterest. Gosh I love that site! Anyway, I have a picky Princess who loves the mini corn dogs we get from the frozen section at the grocery store. Sometimes it’s not easy to get to the grocery store, however. You’re probably like me, feeling guilty when you don’t have your kid’s favorite snacks on hand. So after finding this recipe I thought I’d give it a try.
The verdict is in.
The Princess would rather I make them now than buy them.
Golden brown and delicious!
The recipe is just the one from the Jiffy box, except for adding in a tablespoon of honey for each box you use. I used 2 and got 15 standard sized muffins. The lady I got the recipe from used 1 and got 20 mini muffins. Your mileage may vary.
Also, I used whole milk, not skim. And, I used 5 hot dogs cut into 3 pieces each. Plus, as you can see by the line on top, I didn’t cover the hot dogs with batter. They did cover up automatically while baking though.
Servings – approx 20 mini muffins Servings size – 1 mini muffin
- 1-8.5 oz. box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 TBS honey
- 4 Hot dogs, each cut into 5 pieces
1. Spray the wells of a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a med bowl, combine the mix, egg, honey and skim milk. Allow to sit for 3 – 4 min. Stir batter.
3. Fill each mini muffin well with about 1/2 TBS batter. Place a piece of hot dog into each well, pressing in.
4. Top each hot dog with about a tsp. of batter, covering hot dog.
5. Bake in oven for 10 – 15 min. or until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for 5 min. before removing to platter.
Clipped from My Kitchen Adventures: Jiffy Corn Dog Mini Muffins