I found this recipe while I was browsing and I thought my husband might really like it. He loves his eggs! Omelets are like pizza – everyone seems to want something different on them. This looks like it would be a fun way to get personalized eggs for everyone in the family, all at once, without having to wait your turn. What a neat idea!
For a fun and easy morning meal, try these small-scale egg dishes. Baked in individual muffin cups, they ensure that everyone gets the mix-ins they like.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Assorted mix-ins (such as shredded cheese, diced vegetables, and cooked and chopped bacon, ham, or sausage)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350º F and coat a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and salt in a medium bowl, then evenly distribute the egg mixture among the muffin cups.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of mix-ins to each cup, then sprinkle on a bit of Parmesan cheese, if you like.
- Bake the frittatas until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. (If necessary, run a butter knife around the edge of each one to loosen them before removing them from the pan.) Makes 6 mini frittatas.
Recipe copied from: Mini Frittatas Recipes | Back to School Eggs & Omelets | FamilyFun | FamilyFun